We arrived at the Burnaby Caribou RV Park and campground mid-afternoon
and we immediately checked out my digs for the next few days. Since Bernie is leaving on Monday to fly back
to Seal Beach, he wanted to make sure the place was safe for me. It couldn’t have been nicer. Great sights, divided by tall shrubs and beautifully
maintained and in a nice area. After checking it all out,
we headed for the laundry room to catch up with that. Seems like we are always doing laundry –
either we are the cleanest or the dirtiest people around. After the laundry, we checked out the things around
the campground – and low and behold Costco was within walking distance. Thought that was great until I found out they
don’t take the Costco American Express!!!!
Before we left for the airport on Monday, we did make a
quick run to Costco to fill in on staples and check and see what Canada Costco
has to offer that we don’t have.
Nothing we could find except for different brands. Got Bernie to the airport in time and then
made my way back to the MH. Thanks
goodness for the GPS. Stitching marathon here I come!!!!!
Tuesday was Nancy beautification day – so I spent the day in
the mall getting my hair cut and nails and pedicure. Plus I had time to walk around the mall.
On Wednesday before I left for my adventure – Bernie called
and said that the MOHS procedure had gone well, but that the MOHS specialist
wanted him to see our regular dermatologist to have him check out a couple of
places on his face. Fortunately our
doctor was able to see him on Thursday. I had made a reservation for a Hop On Hop Off
tour of Vancouver for today. This required a 45 minute ride into the city
on Sky Train – Vancouver’s rapid transit system. What a great experience for only $1.75 each
way. The Hop On Hop Off was a 2 ½ trip that
covered all of the main sights of Vancouver.
I stayed on the bus the most of the 2 ½ hours getting off to walk the last
5-6 blocks down their Rodeo Drive to catch the Sky Train back to the
campground. The city is beautiful with
flowers everywhere. While going through
Stanley Park we saw a lovely view of the skyline, the Totem poles and the Canon
House where a canon is shot every night at 9:00 p.m.
The Canon House
Thursday I woke up to rain and was happy that I had done the
tour yesterday. I spent the majority of
the day stitching in the motor home and when the rain let me walking through
the campground. The only thing I didn’t
like about the campground was that their WIFI sucked. I couldn’t get on once in all 5 days I was by
myself. Bernie called and said that our
doctor had done a number on his face and that he looked like he had been in a
bar room fight with his hand all bandaged up and bandages all over his face. I was really looking forward to seeing him.
Friday – I cleaned up the motor home – didn’t want Bernie
coming back to a mess. Really it wasn’t
that bad – I just had stitching all over the place. Picked him up late afternoon and we went out
for a lovely dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment