Friday, August 7, 2015

Morris Thompson Cultural Center - Fairbanks



The old cabin was moved to the current location – complete with all of the furnishings.  Bernie and I know now why the pioneers had so many children – two people had to sleep in a twin bed!
 The Cultural Center is located in Griffin Park where the famous Moose Antler arch way is located.  It was a rather gloomy day, but I was able to find another tourist to take a picture of us. 





Interesting bike rack and the moose antler arch
 Explanation of moose antler arch







Today was our day to visit the Morris Thompson Cultural Center – another wonderful museum here in Fairbanks.  Besides being the Visitors Center for all of Fairbanks it had outstanding displays and dioramas showcasing the Alaskan people and wildlife.  Of course, I was most interested in the sewing, needlework and beading – all of which were amazing.  I especially loved the bird’s nest dress and the up to date bead box.  

Bird's nest dress




 Essentials


 The bead box - wonder how long they have been using this?






No comments:

Post a Comment