Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Homer to Seward




We were up again early for our drive to Seward.  Bernie and I decided that I should drive the “toad” and he would follow later on this leg of the trip.   He needed to get gas in Soldotna and I could drive faster in the small car.  We wanted to get to Seward as early as possible as the campground there does not take reservations.  Ben decided to ride with me and Jack rode with Bernie.  It was a good call, as Ben and I got one of the two remaining sites with hookups and we got into Seward at 12:30 p.m.  We only had to wait for them for about 40 minutes and then we set up camp with a beautiful view of Resurrection Bay from our front window.  After lunch we headed into town for Jack to do some more shopping.   He was still on the knife kick and we were still not buying.  Had pizza and calzones for dinner at a Greek Restaurant and the boys modeled the armor for a picture.   We then took at quick trip out of town to visit the water fall.  Of course, the boys had to get way too close to it for me and insisted on having their photos taken.  
                                                  Our two warriors
                                                 Ben and Jack making their grammy very nervous
                                                 View from the motor home

No comments:

Post a Comment